Relax ... be young (and smart).
Our SmartStart Account is designed for young adults, 17-25 years old, in technical colleges, universities or just starting out.
Free with every Checking Account. Choose from regional collegiate Debit Card designs!
Enroll in Edge Up1 and any Debit Card purchases you make could qualify for daily transfers to your Loyalty Select.
Check your balance anytime, anywhere with Founders Online.
ATMs located on many college campuses throughout our membership area.
Founders & Collegiate Debit Cards
- Show your team spirit with our Clemson™ University Debit Card or University of South Carolina Debit Card options or opt for our traditional Founders Debit Card design.
- Available through Instant Issue at any Founders location or by mail when calling 1-800-845-1614.
- No minimum balance – keep as little or as much in your Checking Account as you need.
- No monthly fees - sign up for free eStatements2 to have a Checking Account with no fees. Paper statement recipients are charged a $2 statement by mail fee.
- Get an edge on your savings when you enroll your Founders Visa Debit Card in our Edge Up1 program!
1 Only Checking Accounts that have the option to receive a Debit Card qualify for the Edge Up program and all account types may not be eligible. ATM or cash back purchases, Debit Card credits, checks, ACH, disputed transactions and other non-Debit Card transactions may not qualify. The Credit Union reserves the right to cancel or modify the Edge Up program at any time. For a complete list of terms, conditions and qualifications, please call 1-800-845-1614, visit an office or log in to Founders Online.
2 Requires credit evaluation. Teens under the age of 18 are required to have an adult sign as joint owner. Accounts without eStatements will be charged $2 for periodic statements by mail.