Additional Protection Options
Relax ... protect your purchases.
Founders offers different coverage options to protect your auto or credit card purchases.
- GAP Advantage is a debt cancellation product. If your vehicle is involved in a total loss claim, this covers the difference between the insurance settlement and the amount you owe on your vehicle.
- Your auto insurance provider determines whether your vehicle is a total loss, and whether the accident is an “at fault” or “not at fault” accident, or theft or flood.
- If your vehicle is totaled, the insurance settlement is based on the actual cash value of the vehicle and not the outstanding loan balance.
- When you owe more on your Auto Loan than what your insurance company deems your car is worth, you have a “gap” and could still owe money on your totaled vehicle.
Mechanical Breakdown Protection1
- Save hundreds of dollars on automotive repairs by adding an extended warranty to your Auto Loan.
- Cost is less than what is offered at most dealerships.
- Visit any Founders office or call our Contact Center at 1-800-845-1614 for more information on this insurance program.
Payment Protection Claims2
Filing a Payment Protection Claim is easier than ever!
To file your claim online:
- Visit securian.com/benefits
- Select the “bank, credit union, finance company, mortgage company” button
- Click on “Start a new claim”
To file your claim by phone:
- Call the claim contact center at 1-800-328-9442
After filing your claim, be sure to continue making your loan payments until you receive a decision regarding your claim submission.
1 Products/Services Offered By Third Parties/Affiliates: Any Guaranteed Asset Protection insurance or extended warranty products or services ("products") which are provided by third parties or any affiliates are not products of the Credit Union. If the purchase of same is facilitated by or through Credit Union financing; such is a convenience to the borrower(s) and in no way creates any contractual or other relationship between the borrower(s) and the Credit Union with regard to any such products. Any rights, obligations or claims with regard to such products shall be solely and exclusively by and between the party providing such products as may be set forth in any applicable contracts, agreements or otherwise, and the Credit Union shall have no obligations, responsibilities, duties, or liabilities whatsoever regarding same.
2 Payment Protection is an optional debt cancellation program administered by Minnesota Life Insurance Company, 400 Robert Street North, St Paul, Minnesota 55101. Exclusions, limitations and terms of availability apply to this coverage. For cost and complete details, contact your loan officer.
as low as
as low as
as low as
as low as