Mobile Deposit Tips and Tricks
Manage your money on the go! Check your balance, review transactions, pay a bill, transfer money and deposit a check1 right from your mobile device.
- Before logging into the Founders App, close all other apps running in the background on your phone or tablet.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check and label it For Mobile Deposit Only.
- Log into the Founders App and select Deposits from the menu bar.
- Select New Deposit and choose the account in which you wish to deposit your check.
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos. Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Do not zoom into the check. Instead, move your phone closer to the check.
- Take photos of your check in a well-lit area. Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone or iPad flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- Ensure there are no shadows across the check, all four corners are visible, the check is not blurry and the MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.
- Mobile Deposits received prior to 2:30 pm EST are processed on the same business day.
- Mobile Deposits received after 2:30 pm EST or on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays when Founders is closed will be processed on Founders' next business day.
Your Mobile Deposit will not complete if it meets any of the following criteria:
- Amount exceeds your Deposit Limit.
- Amount exceeds your Daily Deposit Limit .
- Missing For Mobile Deposit Only endorsement.
Items that are not eligible for Mobile Deposit:
- Checks greater than your limit.
- Checks drawn on banks located outside U.S.
- Checks made payable to others not joint on the deposit account.
- Checks made payable to a business on a personal account.
- Checks made payable to more than one payee.
- Remotely created checks - In the place of the account holder’s signature, a printed or typed name is shown instead of the signature of a person on whose account the check is drawn. These are commonly created by credit card companies, utility companies or telemarketers.
- Checks requiring verification such as Loan Acceptance Checks.
- U.S. Treasury Checks.
- Traveler's Cheques.
- Money Orders.
- Returned Checks.
- Checks suspected to be fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by account owner.
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to date of deposit.
- Postdated checks.
If you have questions regarding Mobile Deposit, visit an office or call 1-800-845-1614.
1 Not all account types are eligible for this service. Only members in good standing that have the option to deposit a check within Founders Mobile App are eligible..